Thursday, October 14, 2010

thai fish cakes

Hey there! What a lovely October we are having. I had an awesome run this morning under the stars - so clear and fresh. Ended the run with the sun starting to poke its sleepy head up. It's gonna be a great day!!

So I rarely post any meat-inspired recipes, but since I just received this little jem from a patient yesterday, I thought I would share :) Haven't tried this one out yet, but just looking at it makes me salivate!

Thai Fish Cakes:
1/2 red pepper
1/3 c cilantro
1 garlic clove
1/2 inch slice ginger
2 tsp red curry paste
1 tsp grated lime zest
1 tsp agave nectar
1 1/2 lb fish of choice (salmon, halibut, tilapia, etc)

Pulse the above in a food processor and shap into 12 3in patties.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan and cook for 1 min each side until brown.

Dip in a mixture of: 4 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari, 1 tbsp agave nectar, 1/4 red pepper flakes.

Enjoy them and let me know how these yummy cakes turn out!

Health & Happiness,
-Nicole